Monday, November 28, 2011

Merry Fishmas Santa Baby!







Well, I gave into peer pressure to do a little decorating in the midst of home improvement. (this little town means business when it comes to Christmas decorations!) I don't have all my Christmas stuff with me, as they are in storage, but I had a few things and I made the rest! I admit I have gently shopped the local thrift stores, not really trying to buy anything, just to enjoy the hunt. I found this vintage Santa, and all though I do not do traditional Christmas, I couldn't resist his Rosy cheeks!!
He looks so good against my green wall!

 I love Vintage Christmas, so here is my take on it.

This little tree is loaded down with vintage mix matched ornaments and Hudson couldn't be more thrilled!

Here is the Fishmas Porch! I want to do more, but have to use what I have on hand, fish, a mermaid and whatever else I could find laying around!
 This is my Lady of the Lake mermaid, made out of plywood, painted & glittered.
 Fishy in Blue, made of plywood, painted & glittered.
 The other fish were cast offs that I repainted and added some glitter & garland from the dollar store!
 Front porch view, hard with sea grass displays and plastic bubbles covering the lights to make it look like water! I cut up an old shower curtain that had a bubble pattern and placed it over the lights. Thinking outside of the fish tank?
Hanging ornaments and glowing blue lights add to the theme!


 This is a netted wire ribbon, it is so easy to use in decorating and it made a nice sea 'net' look. (yes, this bird was a thrift store find too, color enhanced by moi!)
 Here is another thrift store find, he just needed a little aqua paint and some GLITTER!!


No comments:

Post a Comment