Thursday, November 10, 2011

Feathering My Nest

I couldn't resist adding a little detail to my fireplace. A white Egret, or crane, whichever you want to call it. It is  a water bird. That is me, a water bird. I love the water, my kids are both named after rivers, Jordan & Hudson. It must be the Aquarius in me. Naturally, I love water elements, fish, birds, turtles, bubbles.

My hope is to have a my little Lake Cottage decorated with the elements of nature and water. This is a start.

 This is painted with acrylic paint on drywall. The fireplace is roofed over and will never be opened, so the alternative is to decorate it!

 This is the hallway, entrance way...it is currently getting painted. I kept the same aqua blue color there as in the stripe room. It is thematic throughout the house. I have already painted the front door this color too. The house is all white outside, so it needs an accent color.


2 comments:

  1. I'd like to see the front door :-) I remember your pink door in Va...I absolutely loved it! It was right out of a magazine, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The front door is aqua, and I will take a picture for you!

    ReplyDelete