Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Smorgasblog and the Big Move

I named this Blog Smorgasblog because it is a mixture of things that have occurred over the past week. It started off with a birthday, yes, mine, which was truly no big deal, but surprisingly was a celebration with wonderful friends that wanted to do something for me. (thank you Mary, Autumn, Lu, Janie, Cheri & Paul) I felt very loved this birthday and that is always a good thing. My one friend has been so taken by my blog header design that she fashioned  a cake to look like it.

This is my Faded Pink Rose cake! Thank you Cheri!

One thing that I had to get done in all this was to get my belongings from storage which was 3 hours away from me. It has also been an added expense. I received some birthday money from very thoughtful friends and was able to finally make the MOVE. Just so you know, when I say I need to move, people run and scatter like it is a showdown in dusty old western saloon town in the desert, complete with rolling tumbleweeds. I have a lot of stuff. I am an artist, a re-purposing artist, a recycle person. I tend to keep everything, but let me clarify that I am not a Hoarder by any means! I will eventually make something out of it!  Needless to say, I don't have too many volunteers when it comes time to move my stuff. Lucky enough, I have a very wonderful person who helped me move out of my house a year and a half ago and was aware of my large amount of stuff. He knows what I had and was brave and not afraid to face this challenge head on, once again.

 We had to rent a 26 foot truck with a lift gate.
 It doesn't look too scary here....

 We can almost see the back of the 30 foot storage unit.
 Lots of interesting things!
Just a little ole piano. It took the two of us 6 hours or so to load it all. Near the end my friend Heidi showed up to help.
 We lost our light, but kept packing. Thank you Heidi! & Bob!

Here is Greg the Truck Driver, which he made me refer to him as the entire 3 hour drive. He really took control of that 26 footer and got everything home in one piece! We kept singing the song "BJ Mckay and his best freind Bear, Honk Honk!" from the 1978 sitcom about a truck driver and his pet monkey. I guess I played the part of the monkey, ooh ooh....

 See the resemblance?

We didn't get home until 10 at night so we rested and started to unload Sunday morning.
 Next morning my super neighbor Richard was thinking of going for a run and lifting weights and saw us moving things and decided it would be a better workout to move things instead. Thank you Richard!

Not much left here, but where to put it all? This house is smaller than my previous house.
 Well, all the chairs did fit on the porch....

It is done, all my stuff is here and it is time to put things into place. A special thanks to all my friends that helped make this possible. I am one step closer to completing the house project and the making of this home. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment