Thursday, February 16, 2012

Halo Mural is Coming along, I think?

Love is in the air along with an unpredictable winter season. That is one thing love and the weather have in common, they are both unpredictable,  keep us guessing and anticipating but also make us feel alive and joyful!

I have been trying to focus on the Halo Mural this week. It is one of the last finishing touches on Hudson's room before I do the big Reveal. I paint on it in the evening when the day is winding down and the evening is calm. When you paint, you have to be in the mood, so to speak and I have to have peace of mind to get the creative juices flowing. I have to be motivated to work on the mural. With so many elements happening in the house, between every day chores, trying to figure out why the oil heater is burning oil so quickly, deciding what furniture to keep or re-paint, still making decisions on paint colors and fabrics and the list goes on and on, let's just say it is hard to focus on a detail oriented painting.

Back to the mural, it is coming along, slowly but surely. I would say I am about 2/3 the way done and it should be completed within this next week. Fingers crossed....

You probably can't tell, but I have been painting over my initial sketch with a more detailed rendering and building up my shadows and creating more depth. I do plan to add color to the Halo figure, but that will be the final step.
Late night painting. I do better with a back light on my image and the room light turned off. That way I can see the painting in a more 3d realistic view. I am still working in dark and light values only. What that means is that I am basically working in black & white and shades of gray and emphasizing the lightest and darkest areas on the figure to make it more dimensional.

Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment