Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just Try



There has been steady work going on in Hudson's room the past few weeks. Walls have been spackled, sanded re-spackled, sanded some more. Between the ceiling boards and windows, there have been at least 6 tubes of caulk applied to seal up holes and imperfections. It is an easy task, but holding a caulk gun over your head for hours upon hours and running your finger down the lines to push it in place is quite daunting.

Today I wanted to write a message about trying to do something, even if you don't know how. I grew up in a family where we always tried to do a task even if we didn't know how and we always did work for ourselves rather than hire someone, as in a construction worker, or seamstress, or painter. My parents always did the job themselves and they instilled that in me. Maybe I would have figured it out myself, but growing up building a house and buying homes that needed repair exposed me to a way of living that made me self sufficient in the ways of home repair. I may not know how to do everything, I am not a carpenter or an electrician, but with some decent instructions, I will give it a heck of a try.

 Ceiling Fan install, took a while, but I did it! I didn't give up and I had confidence in myself!
The pink tools & tape helped keep me motivated! (thanks Autumn).

I encourage you to try something new that you didn't think you could even possibly do. The rewards are great and you will save money doing it yourself and feel so proud of our work. I plan to instill these qualities in my children and hope they appreciate them as I do of my parents. Happy Trying!




No comments:

Post a Comment