Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Bedtime Story

Once upon a time, I wanted to build a bed, not a bear, but a bed. I started to sketch on a piece of scrap board and got the idea in my head. I wasn't sure how I was going to go about the bed building, so I just started cutting......

 I wanted a leaf shape that was going to circle around an old mirror that I had. The Krissy Cat took a look to make sure my lay out was ok.
 She gave me the go ahead to start cutting.
 She directed me along the way.






I got one side cut and then I had to lay that piece on the other side and trace it so they would match.
It was a good cutting day, as I was lucky enough to get both sides to match and in the right place circling the mirror!
 I wanted to use these spindles that cam off a rocking chair.
 I cut arches for the bottoms. This was hard to do with a little jig saw and I tried my best to get it all straight.
 The spindles got cut into little spindle pieces.
 Aren't they pretty? Like spindle eggs.
 Then my Mom and I glued the spindle pieces to the bottom of the arches... Ok, now you say, "OOOOOhhhhhh"
 I finally got all the parts of my bed put together and painted white! Then it was time for the mattress and bedding!
 I was so excited about my new bed. I new it was going to be the prettiest bed in the land!
Dreamy.....
 The bed was so glorious all put together!

 All the animals in the kingdom couldn't wait to come and visit the bed!
Time to go Night Night! Sleep tight and dream about building your bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment