Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Blessings Come in Small Packages

 I do not mean to write a sad blog post, but I just can't 'not' write something about my Crissy Cat. She has been with me this past 8 months and with me every step of the way while I worked on this house. Anytime I was outside cutting something, or carrying lumber, getting anything in or out of my car, she was there. I owe it to her to thank her for her loving support and sometimes her willingness to help me in her own kitty ways.
 Crissy showed up just before Christmas Eve (Crissy) and she was a stray kitty, and a little wild. I tried to find her a home, but no takers. I got her fixed and decided to try her as our pet. She didn't do well inside the house, but she would come in the back porch most nights or if it was raining or too cold. She was a happy outside kitty. She was always ready for breakfast and then dinner, like clock work.
 She would help me walk the dogs, even if we headed blocks down the street, she was right there following us and keeping the poodles in line. She kept all the trees trimmed with her claws and counted the birds for me everyday. One of the birds was actually her buddy and would swoop down to play with her.
Sadly, this morning, Hudson and I found Crissy in my garage after she had been mauled to death by what appeared to be a dog. She was in one piece, but lifeless. We had to go and buy a shovel to bury her under her favorite tree. Hudson made her a cross and I put up a plaque with a little bird on it that read Love. She loved us and was always there for me and I will truly miss her sweet little 
Crissy Meow. 
Most cats are pretty, but Crissy was just stunning and beautiful. Her hair was long and flowing and her eyes glowed with delight. Tears fall on my keyboard as I type this, knowing I won't get to hold her or pet her again. She had a short life, but I am glad I got to spend it with her.
She was a my little blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Crissy Cat indeed was a good friend who asked very little for the love she gave. I think we have a lot to learn from her. She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete