Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Ideas Blossom, and then Fade....



As creative people, we get so busy that we can think of a creation, make it oogle over it and forget it in a minute. I made these earrings from mulberry paper flowers, I had the idea to cut out the shape of a butterfly wing, paint it and use it as the card for the earrings. The wing could then be used as a decorative ornament. I took pictures of them, wore them, stared at them and admired my brilliant plan to start a jewelry line, but to no avail, after making about 30 or so of them, here they sit in a big pile of PRETTY, doing nothing. A month has gone by, maybe even 2 and I just noticed them today that they have not been promoted, listed, priced, or even given any attention from the moment they were created. Have they lost their luster, their newness without even been given a chance of fame? What to do with them now?
I am on a wing and a prayer...

No comments:

Post a Comment